This is a GREAT utility for managing several iOS devices under the same iTunes account. Perfect for classroom sets.
Only for Mac computers however.
Apple Configurator makes it easy for anyone to mass configure and deploy iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a school, business, or institution.
Three simple workflows let you prepare new iOS devices for immediate distribution, supervise devices that need to maintain a standard configuration, and assign devices to users. Quickly update your devices simultaneously to the latest version of iOS, configure settings, and install apps and data for your students, employees, or patrons.
Apple Configurator can be used by larger organizations and businesses to set up new devices, install enterprise apps, and enroll each device with a Mobile Device Management solution for remote management by an IT administrator. It is perfect for the classroom or student lab where devices need to be quickly refreshed and kept up to date with the correct settings, approved policies, apps and data. Apple Configurator can also be used to personalize devices with data and documents for specific users.
• Configure multiple devices simultaneously
• Update devices to the latest version of iOS
• Create and restore a backup of settings and app data from one device to other devices
• Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to new devices*
• Use the built-in editor to create and install iOS configuration profiles
• Enroll devices with your Mobile Device Management solution for remote management
• Organize supervised devices into custom groups
• Automatically apply common configurations to supervised devices
• Quickly reapply a configuration to a supervised device and remove the previous user’s data
• Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to supervised devices*
• Define and apply common or sequential names to all devices
• Restrict supervised devices from syncing with other computers
•Add users and groups manually or autopopulate via Open Directory or Active Directory
• Check out a device to a user and restore the user’s settings and data on that device
•Check in a device from a user and and back up the data for later use, possibly on a different device
• Apply custom text, wallpaper, or the user’s picture to a device’s Lock screen
• Import and export documents between your Mac and Apple Configurator
• Sync documents between assigned devices and Apple Configurator
This is really a must do for any iOS device running 3.0 and higher. Enabling this will allow you to back up to the cloud and reset all your settings if anything should go wrong with your device. This will also make it seemless if you buy a new device or receive a replacement.
- Open Settings
- choose iCloud
- If you have not setup your iCloud yet, simply enter your username and password
- choose Storage and Backup
- toggle iCloud backup to the On position
- It will inform you that “Your iPad will no longer back up to the computer automatically when you sync with iTunes.”
- Click OK
- Then select Back Up Now
- This may take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on your storage size.
After you have backed up to iCloud, each time you are connected to a power source and wifi, your device will automatically do a backup!
Now you can easily update your software without worrying about losing your data and device setup.
Here is an iPad Contract each student and parent had to read and sign before allowing them to use the iPad. iPad Contract
Please feel free to use and adjust to make it your own.
This is a new program recently added to my repertoire. It is great in the fact that it is easy to set up, implement, and track student learning and progress. As a teacher, you simply add the students names, choose your question level bank, and assign the work to the students as they progress through. There is a great Dashboard that gives you immediate colored graphs showing how the students are doing.
Each question gives immediate feedback on how they did, and if they missed it, they can see a quick lesson and video on how to properly complete that type of problem. I tell the kids they need to receive an 8/10 or better to move past the assignment.
I have seen a lot of growth already from this program. And its FREE!!
Here is an excerpt from their website:
At TenMarks, we believe that students learn best when they’re engaged, nurtured, and motivated, and that teachers are key to improving math achievement. To help maximize teacher effectiveness in the classroom and to make their lives easier, we’ve created a web-based learning environment that simplifies assignments, automates grading, and drives student learning through engaging videos and interactive lessons.
The TenMarks curriculum is rigorous and engaging and is built on our research-based instructional philosophy – practice, instruction, assessment, and intervention – and helps students build conceptual understanding as well as develop computational and procedural fluency, resulting in strong math foundations.
Class Dojo is a classroom management system that gives immediate feedback for behaviors that take place.
Each student receives a “Monster” avatar and everytime they are doing something right they receive a point, and everytime they make a bad choice they lose a point.
I have Peterson cash that students earn to buy things from my class store. Every negative point they lose $1. This management tool extinguishes most of the unwanted behaviors fairly quickly.
Easy to setup and use.
This tool has an ios app for your devices. I believe an Andriod one is coming soon!!
Edmodo is a wonderful classroom tool that can be easily compared to a Facebook type social site where only you and your class can gain access and post.
On this site you can give assignments, take polls, assign quizzes, send alerts, and just interact with your class through posts.
I have used this site for two years now and I absolutely love it. The kids get a big kick out of it and love that they can communicate with one another and myself outside of school hours.
There are apps for this program as well. Available on iOS and Android.
Here is a list of apps that I use daily in my classroom with 4th graders. Most are Free, or can be found free on occasion.
More to come.
- Tea Party
- Stinky Socks
- Phase 10
- Spider Solitaire
- Uno Free
- UpNext Maps
- 3D Cities
- Google Earth
- Beat the Computer
- Division Free
- Sail Through Math
- Solids Elementary
- Math Quizzer
- MEasure Length
- Fraction Basic
- iTooch Math Grade 5
- Numbers League
- Meteor Math
- Hungry Fish
- Rocket Math Free
- Motion Math
- Sushi Monster
- PBS Kids
- Fusion Read
- Words to Learn By
- National Geographic Explorer
- Real Animals HD
- Animal Kingdom HD
- NASA Viz
- Encyclopedia Britannica Rainforests
- 3D Brain
- Oregon Settler
- Oregon Trail
- History Maps
- Stack the States Lite
- Stack the Countries Lite
- Poetry Magnets
- Mad Libs
- Totes m’ Notes
- iA Writer
- Pad and Quill
- Story Lines
- Story Lines for Schools
- Write & Say
- Voice Thread
Hello All! This is my very first post and I am excited to be doing something like this.
Please stay tuned for more interesting and informational facts and ideas that I have.